Articles on this Page
- 03/15/13--13:00: _What We Missed: Sex...
- 03/31/13--09:00: _How To Hook Up On E...
- 04/24/13--12:00: _8 Ways Avoid Waking...
- 04/30/13--07:00: _7 Simple Conversati...
- 05/01/13--10:00: _True Story: My Mom ...
- 05/17/13--09:50: _White Lies Women Te...
- 05/26/13--10:30: _What Dudes Are Sayi...
- 05/28/13--09:00: _Dating Don’ts: A Fi...
- 07/05/13--09:30: _5 Lies You’ve Been ...
- 07/12/13--11:00: _8 Times We Continue...
- 07/16/13--07:00: _15 People, Places &...
- 08/09/13--06:40: _Bold Move! UConn Ba...
- 08/16/13--15:00: _Adolescent Boys Thi...
- 11/23/11--11:00: _The 5 People You Sh...
- 12/10/11--09:30: _The 3 Types Of Holi...
- 12/11/11--09:30: _8 Hook-Up Dealbreakers
- 02/21/12--11:00: _8 Things I Learned ...
- 04/06/12--09:00: _6 Rules To Follow F...
- 04/10/12--11:00: _The 4 Weirdest Thin...
- 05/05/12--09:00: _23 Kentucky Derby-I...
- 03/31/13--09:00: How To Hook Up On Easter
- 04/24/13--12:00: 8 Ways Avoid Waking Your Roommate Up During A Midnight Booty Call
- 05/01/13--10:00: True Story: My Mom Was A Sex Professor At My College
- 05/17/13--09:50: White Lies Women Tell To Get Laid
- 05/28/13--09:00: Dating Don’ts: A Field Guide To Getting Lucky At A Wedding
- 07/05/13--09:30: 5 Lies You’ve Been Told About What Men Want
- 07/16/13--07:00: 15 People, Places & Positions On The Frisky’s To-Do List
- 08/09/13--06:40: Bold Move! UConn Bans Student-Teacher Relationships
- 08/16/13--15:00: Adolescent Boys Think Sexual Aggression Is Flirting, Apparently?
- 11/23/11--11:00: The 5 People You Shouldn’t Hook Up With On Thanksgiving
- 12/10/11--09:30: The 3 Types Of Holiday Hookups, Defined
- 12/11/11--09:30: 8 Hook-Up Dealbreakers
- 02/21/12--11:00: 8 Things I Learned From Going To Mardi Gras
- 04/10/12--11:00: The 4 Weirdest Things Ever Said To Me During Sex
- 05/05/12--09:00: 23 Kentucky Derby-Inspired Pickup Lines
I’m baaaaaack! Did you miss me? In this week’s episode of What We Missed, I break out my Google Translation app in order to discuss the perks of having a major language barrier when romancing someone. For example, you’re forced to really listen to each other. Also, we reflect on the death of Justin Bieber’s hamster, mostly to mourn the downfall [...]
Easter marks the beginning of Spring, and there by the infamous Spring Fling season. While it may seem blasphemous, you can bag a man at church, if you’re subtle. Old peeps just love matchmaking! And what better place to meet a nice guy than in church? Here’s how you can turn Easter in to a [...]
We’ve all been guilty of it: the middle-of-the-night hookup that was so loud our roommates heard every bit of it. And possibly the neighbors, too. It’s not that we mean to interrupt anyone else’s beauty sleep, of course. It just happened. Er, loudly. But when you reach a certain age — like, say, when you’re [...]
A month and a half ago, I went to France for a week and while I was there, I took a French lover. He was a 24-year-old waiter that I met at the first restaurant I had dinner at and he didn’t speak any English. Don’t judge me (unless it’s for being awesome). I took two [...]
By the time I entered my junior year of college, I was convinced that Binghamton University had only three kinds of guys. There were the players. There were the boys who were saving themselves for marriage. And there were the ones who learned about sex from my mother. A biological anthropologist, my mom taught Intro [...]
Once again I was looking at Cosmo, furrowing intensely and wondering where on earth they come up with their nonsense. I do this from time to time because I follow them on Twitter (don’t ask me why.) I also like to give my brow a workout with all the aforementioned furrowing. In this episode of Cosmo forces Chatel [...]
Just because it worked for you back then doesn’t mean it’s still going to work for you now. Something happens between the early 20s to the early 30s that requires a man to change his approach to meeting women. Some guys age accordingly — it’s an effortless transition from keg-stands with the guys to standup [...]
Wedding season is kind of the best. I gladly welcome any excuse to put on a fancy dress, throw on some lipstick and toast the merry union of two souls, united in common interests, rooted in love. Weddings exist on a plane where everything is heightened, cast in a rosy glow fueled by champagne and [...]
Here’s the scenario: You’re out with the gals and one of them is smack dab in the middle of a dating crisis. One of your friends offers the group what she thinks is stellar advice on men and you’re left thinking, “Jeez, is that really what men want?” So many of us grow up being told lies about what [...]
We’ve all had that moment (or many moments) in our love lives when we knew a guy was awful, like, say, when he told us he had to chew gum all the time because of his halitosis and rotten wisdom teeth, but we continued to let him put his tongue in our mouth for far [...]
The things on my personal life bucket list — skydiving, a hot air balloon ride at sunrise, swimming with and/or near a manatee, a glimpse of Beyonce casually pushing Blue Ivy on a swing set in Brooklyn — are all perfectly reasonable, potentially feasible and not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I love [...]
The University of Connecticut officially banned any romantic relationships between students and faculty Wednesday under their “Policy Against Discrimination, Harassment and Inappropriate Romantic Relationships.” While undergrad relationships with faculty are completely banned, graduate student romances are forbidden only when a faculty member is in a position of power over the student. Previously, the university had [...]
For a long time, eyebrow-arching and pearl-clutching over “hookup culture” has focused on young women: they will feel used by young men and come to believe they can only derive value in themselves from their sexuality. Such concerns have been roundly and fairly criticizing as portraying young women as victims lacking in agency, or worse, [...]
So, you’re in your hometown for Thanksgiving break. And you’re already bored … like, super bored. Or you’re out and about, and after three (or seven) Bud Lights at your hometown bar, you’re feeling nostalgic for that old flame. Who knew how handsome the kid who used to pull your hair would get? Why not [...]
Holiday hookups may be all the rage this season — you know, right alongside temporary boyfriends and desperate attempts to hang out under the mistletoe. But before you take the plunge into Christmas sex, you might want to take some time to study the rules of such encounters. A new study, published in the Canadian Journal of Human [...]
I could write a book filled with my friends’ hook up horror stories, but that would be ugly and unproductive. So in the spirit of Liz Lemon, I decided to make a list of dealbreakers to prevent said horror stories. Unfortunately, many of my friends have followed through with a hookup despite a definite deal [...]
I was not much of a party girl in college. Though I could certainly put away bottles of Budweiser and added a little hair to my chest with the occasional shot of Jack Daniels or Southern Comfort and lime, I was not one for attending massive house parties or dancing on bars. However, for three [...]
Friends with benefits. F**k buddies. It’s a concept I’ve never really been able to get behind, something I thought never really worked. Someone always develops feelings for the other, right? Someone always ends up getting hurt. But! I think I was wrong. Having the perfect f**k buddy relationship may be difficult, but it is not [...]
As a woman 32 years of age who has spent as much time single as she’s spent attached, boy oh boy do I have tales from the field. (And by “the field,” I mean the casual sex/dating circuit.) One thing I’ve learned we all do from time to time: make weird, embarrassing, outlandish exclamations during sex. The [...]
Ever wonder how to hit on someone at The Kentucky Derby? These pickup lines are a safe bet: 1. I’m like the Kentucky Derby, the most exciting 2 minutes of your year. 2. Wanna get Kentucky Dirty? 3. I’ll be the boss and you can be my Secretariat. 4. You know what they say about [...]