Articles on this Page
- 05/01/14--10:00: _Ask A Married Guy: ...
- 05/02/14--11:00: _25 Sex Oopsies That...
- 05/06/14--10:00: _Dating Don’ts: Get ...
- 05/08/14--09:00: _True Story: I’m A T...
- 05/11/14--11:30: _What I Learned From...
- 05/12/14--09:00: _Ask A Married Guy: ...
- 05/14/14--06:30: _Study Finds That Be...
- 05/21/14--09:00: _Dater X: State Of T...
- 05/22/14--09:00: _PurrVerse: Getting ...
- 05/27/14--10:00: _Frisky Rant: On Dud...
- 05/30/14--13:30: _Now Available For X...
- 06/04/14--10:45: _The 10 Best Hookup ...
- 06/09/14--07:00: _Funny Girl Sex Guid...
- 06/09/14--13:30: _There Are 237 Reaso...
- 06/10/14--10:00: _Dating Don’ts: How ...
- 06/11/14--10:00: _Girl Talk: Some Tho...
- 06/19/14--07:00: _Your Ultimate Guide...
- 06/24/14--13:30: _Random Hookups Are ...
- 07/02/14--08:00: _How To Be Cool On A...
- 07/15/14--09:00: _True Story: In Defe...
- 08/08/14--10:00: _The 8-Step Guide To...
- 08/13/14--07:45: _8 Signs You Fail At...
- 08/13/14--10:00: _Dater X: To Bang Or...
- 08/15/14--11:30: _I Just Want Someone...
- 08/19/14--09:00: _Dating Don’ts: Is I...
- 08/20/14--09:00: _Dater X: Let’s Get ...
- 08/28/14--09:00: _Dater XY: I’ve Got ...
- 09/15/14--11:00: _10 Things No One Te...
- 09/17/14--09:00: _Dater X: I Think I’...
- 10/07/14--11:00: _13 People Confess T...
- 10/08/14--09:00: _Dater X: The Best S...
- 10/14/14--09:00: _Dating Don’ts: 10 P...
- 10/16/14--07:00: _Goats In Lust: They...
- 10/16/14--10:30: _Dater XY: The Post-...
- 10/29/14--09:00: _Dater X: On “Transp...
- 10/30/14--09:30: _Dater XY: How To De...
- 11/19/14--09:00: _Dater X: 10 Red Fla...
- 12/10/14--08:30: _Yo, Facebook, Pleas...
- 01/05/15--10:30: _7 Signs It’s Time T...
- 02/02/15--09:15: _Wanderlust: 8 Types...
- 05/01/14--10:00: Ask A Married Guy: “He Texts Me All The Time, But I Want More!”
- 05/02/14--11:00: 25 Sex Oopsies That Happen To The Best Of Us
- 05/06/14--10:00: Dating Don’ts: Get Yourself A Spring Fling!
- 05/08/14--09:00: True Story: I’m A Travel Writer Who Has Never Had A Vacation Hookup
- 05/11/14--11:30: What I Learned From My First One-Night Stand (In My 40s)
- 05/21/14--09:00: Dater X: State Of The Union
- 05/22/14--09:00: PurrVerse: Getting Lucky With San Francisco’s Hook-Up Truck
- 05/30/14--13:30: Now Available For XXX Enthusiasts: Just-For-Porn Headphones
- 06/04/14--10:45: The 10 Best Hookup Websites
- 06/09/14--13:30: There Are 237 Reasons People Have Sex, According To Science
- 06/10/14--10:00: Dating Don’ts: How To Juggle Dating Multiple People At The Same Time
- 06/11/14--10:00: Girl Talk: Some Thoughts On Fingering
- 06/24/14--13:30: Random Hookups Are Actually Good For You, Says Science
- 07/02/14--08:00: How To Be Cool On A Sex Date
- 07/15/14--09:00: True Story: In Defense Of Revenge Sex
- 08/08/14--10:00: The 8-Step Guide To Getting Laid This Weekend
- 08/13/14--07:45: 8 Signs You Fail At Flirting
- 08/13/14--10:00: Dater X: To Bang Or Not To Bang?
- 08/15/14--11:30: I Just Want Someone To Cuddle
- 08/19/14--09:00: Dating Don’ts: Is It A Booty Call Or Nah?
- 08/20/14--09:00: Dater X: Let’s Get It On
- 08/28/14--09:00: Dater XY: I’ve Got A Booty Call Plus
- 09/15/14--11:00: 10 Things No One Tells Men That Will Make Them Better Lovers
- 09/17/14--09:00: Dater X: I Think I’m Ready For A Friend With Benefits
- 10/07/14--11:00: 13 People Confess Their Thoughts On Using Smartphones During Sex
- 10/08/14--09:00: Dater X: The Best Sex Of My Life
- 10/14/14--09:00: Dating Don’ts: 10 Places To Have Sex, Ranked From Best To Worst
- 10/16/14--07:00: Goats In Lust: They’re Just Like Us!
- 10/16/14--10:30: Dater XY: The Post-Sex Guilt Date
- 10/29/14--09:00: Dater X: On “Transparency Sex”& What’s Different This Time Around
- 10/30/14--09:30: Dater XY: How To Deal With Dating Fatigue
- 02/02/15--09:15: Wanderlust: 8 Types Of Guys To Avoid On An Island Vacation
I have been talking to a guy since February (I’ve known him for over a year). He texts me sweet messages and basically texts me all day long every single day. We have hung out a few times and we did get intimate, as in, we went all the way. I have asked him what [...]
As much as we’d all like to believe we’re smooth operators in the bedroom, sometimes shit happens that can prevent us from being our suavest selves during sex. (Seriously though, literal shit can happen if your partner pulls the unexpected finger-in-the-ass move.) Maybe you got a pube caught in your throat or he’s got a [...]
The long cold winter of our discontent has finally started to ease its grip on most of the country. If you live on the East Coast, you’ve most likely been buried in a never-ending pile of snow and frigid weather, seemingly doomed to spend the rest of your life mouldering in your abode, turning as [...]
I’m a travel writer. I’ve visited Seoul, Santiago, and Vancouver in the past few months alone. My job sounds pretty glamorous on paper: I get to sample exotic foods, visit locations that others own dream about, and meet people from all over the world. But there is a less glamorous side, too. I usually either travel [...]
Raised as a fundamental Christian in a patriarchal society, I married the first man I slept with. Before my wedding, my feisty Irish Grandma Pat had asked me why I wanted to marry so young and sign up for the role of wife before I had even auditioned as an independent woman. Good question. After my [...]
I’ve been dating this guy for a while now and last night he called me while he was with his friends. Our conversation was normal until he suddenly asked, “Did you hook up with one of my friends?” I tried to deny it, but after he asked me several times, I just finally said “Yes.” [...]
Surprise! Researchers from the University of Bristol found in a study that booze really does make you find people more attractive than you would if you were sober. Yes, beer goggles are real— even though most of us have already learned this the hard way. Thanks, science! Some participants in the study were given an [...]
I’ve always been told that true love will find you when you’re least expecting it. I’ve always thought that was a load of bullshit. Like I’m supposed to believe that right after you, for example, decide to ease up on your hunt for a soulmate and embrace your single status, a guy who noticed you [...]
I live in San Francisco, land of art, sexual experimentation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Since I’ve moved here I’ve explored the boundaries between public and private sex in multiple ways – in the back of a pickup truck on Twin Peaks, in the woods by the Sutro Baths, with a bike-powered sex machine in the middle [...]
“Hey.” “Hey you.” “What’s up?” “Yo.” “Heyyyy.” These are the types of messages I’ve been getting from former flings and lovers about every six months or so. And I’m fucking sick and tired of it. If you think I’m being a rageful bitch about a guy’s perfectly nice overtures for conversation, I just want to [...]
If you’re sick of watching porn and having to lower the volume for fear that your roommate/partner/neighbors will hear all of those sensual moans and groans, have we got good news for you! A Taiwanese company called LOVEPALZ – which currently makes automated air pressurized genital stimulators for both men and women, and is apparently the NASA [...]
Whether you’re freshly divorced and just dipping your toes back into the singles pool, or if you’ve been wading in the deep end for years, you’d likely be intrigued by a list purporting to lead you by the nose to the best cyber meat markets that $34.99 can buy. You wouldn’t be alone. Discover the [...]
I’m a pretty open-minded chick and the last few months have involved quite a bit of open-legged-ness as well. This sort of slutty period in my life has been both fun and educational, not to mention reintroduced me to some sex acts that I’d never really given a fair shake before. In no particular order, [...]
I would naively assume that the main reason a person would have sex would be simply because they wanted to. As it turns out, there are a whole slew of complicated reasons why people have sex. The University of Texas conducted a study to find out exactly what motivates people to get busy and the [...]
There comes a time in everybody’s dating career when your dance card suddenly becomes fuller than you know what to do with. One day, you’re swiping sullenly through Tinder bemoaning the lack of attractive, normal-seeming men that are possibly as tall as they say they are in their profiles, and the next, you find yourself [...]
From the time I learned what fingering was at age 11, it sounded not that great to me, and that didn’t really change for about 15 years. Even the idea of fingering (or “fingerbanging,” yikes) sounded bad. It almost didn’t occur to me that fingering would be something I would actually want. I’d even tried [...]
I hate admitting that I even have a bucket list in the first place, but I do and there are many things on it, and I hope to eventually cross all most of them off. While I know “Yoko-ing” a band and becoming the muse for the fashion designer Nicolas Ghesquière, à la Charlotte Gainsbourg, [...]
In a study called Who Benefits From Casual Sex? The Moderating Role of Sociosexuality, researchers found that, “having casual sex was associated with higher self-esteem and life satisfaction and lower depression and anxiety.” Read more on College Candy…
There’s nothing worse than being on a date, one that’s not too exciting, and just wishing it could end in sex. It’s as though you’re counting down the minutes, maybe even weighing the social graces of when it’s actually OK to mention that it’s time to head out and get it on somewhere. It kinda [...]
When my first love and I broke up, I was still new to the world of sex. I was 22 years old when we said our tearful goodbye, knowing full well that what we had at that young age wouldn’t be able to transcend time. I remember thinking I’d not only never love again, but [...]
I’m so sick of men saying that all you need to get laid is “to be a woman.” If that were truly the case, would all women, everywhere, be getting laid at all times whenever and however they want? Yes. Does that actually happen in the real world? No. When it comes to this particular [...]
Fair warning, I don’t know how to flirt either. But I do know how to fail at it! To that end, here are eight definite signs that you don’t know how to flirt. Employ none of these, and you will be on a better path to successful flirting. Learn from those who have come (and failed) before you. Read more [...]
In the lifecycle of dating, there’s a black hole smack dab in the middle of “I’m talking to someone” and “He’s my boyfriend,” that I like to call Exclusivity Limbo. I’ve been in that spot before and I’ve detailed my time there, what with the constant questioning, confusion and uncertainty of where things stand. But [...]
I recently came to the conclusion that, when it comes to my love life, I don’t quite yet know what I want. Actually, it’s more that I want a lot of different things, depending on the day, the hour, the minute, and those things are often conflicting. On one hand, I love being single and [...]
We’ve all been there. Someone you were hot and heavy with will suddenly disappear, as if wiped from this earth, only to reappear in the form of a typo-laden text message one night while you’re doing a face mask in your sweatpants. Like that mosquito that you try endlessly to kill before going to sleep, [...]
I know, I know, you’ve all been waiting with bated breath to find out if Scar Twin and I got it on. And BOY, DID WE. You see, after I quite cathartically wrote to you all about my dilemma last week, it became evident to me that the real reason I wasn’t having sex wasn’t [...]
Welcome to our new weekly column Dater XY! Our anonymous MALE dater will be revealing the adventures and misadventures of finding love from a dude’s point of view. Let’s give him a big welcome! With a high of four degrees and over a foot of snow, the weather was not fit for man nor beast. But [...]
There are many reasons why men don’t necessarily know what women really like in bed. The most important: a lack of access to real information. Movies oversimplify sex by not really showing what happens in the sack, pornography is just, well, pornography, and “Talk Sex With Sue Johanson” is off the air. Aside from that, [...]
I’ve had a high sex drive since I was a teenager. Over the last 14 years, whether single or coupled up, I’ve been fortunate enough to never really go ‘sexless.’ In relationships— whether they last three months or three years— my libido generally maintains the momentum of that of the Energizer Bunny. I certainly don’t [...]
Remember that episode from the first season of “Sex and the City” (which, go back and watch sometime, because the first season of that show was pretty special) when Miranda called her ex Skipper and he picked up while he was having sex with his new girlfriend? (And then he broke up with the new [...]
Excuse me while I wander around the lovely landscape of cloud nine, because I had the best sex of my life this weekend and I’m still up here enjoying the high. So, let’s bring it back a week. After my grandma passed away, my communications with Baby Face became more and more frequent. Before our [...]
Most people have sex in the pedestrian enclaves of their bedroom, on a Wednesday night, after prime-time television but before “The Daily Show.” It’s a simple affair, but it’s beautiful, because it works. The bedroom is a safe space with ALL the creature comforts you want when you’re doing it: clean sheets, water in plentiful [...]
We’d all like to think we’ve evolved way past our animal antecedents, having transcended the baser survival instincts that propelled us from the primordial ooze to this moment. These very instincts have been variously invoked by relationship experts, who will one day have us believing that we’re not that different from our mammalian brethren and [...]
A woman I’ll call The Chewer (it’ll make sense soon) and I first messaged each other shortly after things ended with The Teacher over a two months ago. We hit it off as she was about to relocate to my town, and had attended the same university. We decided to meet for drinks after she [...]
To me, sex is much more than just a biological need. Humanity relies on sex for procreation, but the vast majority of the world also turns to sex for pleasure and release. Some people have sex simply to fulfill their physical needs, others see it as a sacred act that should only be shared between [...]
Dating. It’s a hard knock life. You start out excited about the possibilities and hit the ground running. This excitement eventually fades to fatigue as you continue to go out with new individuals with the same result, time after time. Once you get to this point, it’s important to take a timeout and rejuvenate. If [...]
Every new relationship comes with its own bag of possibilities and pitfalls. We approach new romance hopefully, keeping our eyes peeled for warning signs and red flags that might tip us off about a character flaw or mismatch, and determine an outcome accordingly. But everybody’s past is different, and depending on what you want and [...]
The other day I noticed something kind of strange about the “People You Might Know” list on my Facebook account. In addition to the usual array of strangers or acquaintances with whom I share mutual friends and thus “might know,” Facebook was suddenly suggesting some new faces with whom I shared no mutual friends. A [...]
We’ve all been there: You meet someone where the chemistry is so on point that you can’t seem to resist getting into the tangled web that is friends with benefits. You know s/he’s wrong for you and you both know that a relationship is not going to be your happy ending. In fact, you may [...]
Solo traveling can be a great opportunity to meet cool adventurers, especially for single ladies looking to spice up their love lives or have a little fun with dudes with foreign accents. Yes, travel dating can certainly have perks! Exotic locations make for perfect date options, the island breeze brings a nice calm and there [...]