Articles on this Page
- 08/15/14--11:30: _I Just Want Someone...
- 08/19/14--09:00: _Dating Don’ts: Is I...
- 08/20/14--09:00: _Dater X: Let’s Get ...
- 08/28/14--09:00: _Dater XY: I’ve Got ...
- 09/15/14--11:00: _10 Things No One Te...
- 09/17/14--09:00: _Dater X: I Think I’...
- 10/07/14--11:00: _13 People Confess T...
- 10/08/14--09:00: _Dater X: The Best S...
- 10/14/14--09:00: _Dating Don’ts: 10 P...
- 10/16/14--07:00: _Goats In Lust: They...
- 10/16/14--10:30: _Dater XY: The Post-...
- 10/29/14--09:00: _Dater X: On “Transp...
- 10/30/14--09:30: _Dater XY: How To De...
- 11/19/14--09:00: _Dater X: 10 Red Fla...
- 12/10/14--08:30: _Yo, Facebook, Pleas...
- 01/05/15--10:30: _7 Signs It’s Time T...
- 02/02/15--09:15: _Wanderlust: 8 Types...
- 08/15/14--11:30: I Just Want Someone To Cuddle
- 08/19/14--09:00: Dating Don’ts: Is It A Booty Call Or Nah?
- 08/20/14--09:00: Dater X: Let’s Get It On
- 08/28/14--09:00: Dater XY: I’ve Got A Booty Call Plus
- 09/15/14--11:00: 10 Things No One Tells Men That Will Make Them Better Lovers
- 09/17/14--09:00: Dater X: I Think I’m Ready For A Friend With Benefits
- 10/07/14--11:00: 13 People Confess Their Thoughts On Using Smartphones During Sex
- 10/08/14--09:00: Dater X: The Best Sex Of My Life
- 10/14/14--09:00: Dating Don’ts: 10 Places To Have Sex, Ranked From Best To Worst
- 10/16/14--07:00: Goats In Lust: They’re Just Like Us!
- 10/16/14--10:30: Dater XY: The Post-Sex Guilt Date
- 10/29/14--09:00: Dater X: On “Transparency Sex”& What’s Different This Time Around
- 10/30/14--09:30: Dater XY: How To Deal With Dating Fatigue
- 02/02/15--09:15: Wanderlust: 8 Types Of Guys To Avoid On An Island Vacation
I recently came to the conclusion that, when it comes to my love life, I don’t quite yet know what I want. Actually, it’s more that I want a lot of different things, depending on the day, the hour, the minute, and those things are often conflicting. On one hand, I love being single and [...]
We’ve all been there. Someone you were hot and heavy with will suddenly disappear, as if wiped from this earth, only to reappear in the form of a typo-laden text message one night while you’re doing a face mask in your sweatpants. Like that mosquito that you try endlessly to kill before going to sleep, [...]
I know, I know, you’ve all been waiting with bated breath to find out if Scar Twin and I got it on. And BOY, DID WE. You see, after I quite cathartically wrote to you all about my dilemma last week, it became evident to me that the real reason I wasn’t having sex wasn’t [...]
Welcome to our new weekly column Dater XY! Our anonymous MALE dater will be revealing the adventures and misadventures of finding love from a dude’s point of view. Let’s give him a big welcome! With a high of four degrees and over a foot of snow, the weather was not fit for man nor beast. But [...]
There are many reasons why men don’t necessarily know what women really like in bed. The most important: a lack of access to real information. Movies oversimplify sex by not really showing what happens in the sack, pornography is just, well, pornography, and “Talk Sex With Sue Johanson” is off the air. Aside from that, [...]
I’ve had a high sex drive since I was a teenager. Over the last 14 years, whether single or coupled up, I’ve been fortunate enough to never really go ‘sexless.’ In relationships— whether they last three months or three years— my libido generally maintains the momentum of that of the Energizer Bunny. I certainly don’t [...]
Remember that episode from the first season of “Sex and the City” (which, go back and watch sometime, because the first season of that show was pretty special) when Miranda called her ex Skipper and he picked up while he was having sex with his new girlfriend? (And then he broke up with the new [...]
Excuse me while I wander around the lovely landscape of cloud nine, because I had the best sex of my life this weekend and I’m still up here enjoying the high. So, let’s bring it back a week. After my grandma passed away, my communications with Baby Face became more and more frequent. Before our [...]
Most people have sex in the pedestrian enclaves of their bedroom, on a Wednesday night, after prime-time television but before “The Daily Show.” It’s a simple affair, but it’s beautiful, because it works. The bedroom is a safe space with ALL the creature comforts you want when you’re doing it: clean sheets, water in plentiful [...]
We’d all like to think we’ve evolved way past our animal antecedents, having transcended the baser survival instincts that propelled us from the primordial ooze to this moment. These very instincts have been variously invoked by relationship experts, who will one day have us believing that we’re not that different from our mammalian brethren and [...]
A woman I’ll call The Chewer (it’ll make sense soon) and I first messaged each other shortly after things ended with The Teacher over a two months ago. We hit it off as she was about to relocate to my town, and had attended the same university. We decided to meet for drinks after she [...]
To me, sex is much more than just a biological need. Humanity relies on sex for procreation, but the vast majority of the world also turns to sex for pleasure and release. Some people have sex simply to fulfill their physical needs, others see it as a sacred act that should only be shared between [...]
Dating. It’s a hard knock life. You start out excited about the possibilities and hit the ground running. This excitement eventually fades to fatigue as you continue to go out with new individuals with the same result, time after time. Once you get to this point, it’s important to take a timeout and rejuvenate. If [...]
Every new relationship comes with its own bag of possibilities and pitfalls. We approach new romance hopefully, keeping our eyes peeled for warning signs and red flags that might tip us off about a character flaw or mismatch, and determine an outcome accordingly. But everybody’s past is different, and depending on what you want and [...]
The other day I noticed something kind of strange about the “People You Might Know” list on my Facebook account. In addition to the usual array of strangers or acquaintances with whom I share mutual friends and thus “might know,” Facebook was suddenly suggesting some new faces with whom I shared no mutual friends. A [...]
We’ve all been there: You meet someone where the chemistry is so on point that you can’t seem to resist getting into the tangled web that is friends with benefits. You know s/he’s wrong for you and you both know that a relationship is not going to be your happy ending. In fact, you may [...]
Solo traveling can be a great opportunity to meet cool adventurers, especially for single ladies looking to spice up their love lives or have a little fun with dudes with foreign accents. Yes, travel dating can certainly have perks! Exotic locations make for perfect date options, the island breeze brings a nice calm and there [...]