Articles on this Page
- 05/08/14--09:00: _True Story: I’m A T...
- 05/11/14--11:30: _What I Learned From...
- 05/12/14--09:00: _Ask A Married Guy: ...
- 05/14/14--06:30: _Study Finds That Be...
- 05/21/14--09:00: _Dater X: State Of T...
- 05/22/14--09:00: _PurrVerse: Getting ...
- 05/27/14--10:00: _Frisky Rant: On Dud...
- 05/30/14--13:30: _Now Available For X...
- 06/04/14--10:45: _The 10 Best Hookup ...
- 06/09/14--07:00: _Funny Girl Sex Guid...
- 06/09/14--13:30: _There Are 237 Reaso...
- 06/10/14--10:00: _Dating Don’ts: How ...
- 06/11/14--10:00: _Girl Talk: Some Tho...
- 06/19/14--07:00: _Your Ultimate Guide...
- 06/24/14--13:30: _Random Hookups Are ...
- 07/02/14--08:00: _How To Be Cool On A...
- 07/15/14--09:00: _True Story: In Defe...
- 08/08/14--10:00: _The 8-Step Guide To...
- 08/13/14--07:45: _8 Signs You Fail At...
- 08/13/14--10:00: _Dater X: To Bang Or...
- 05/08/14--09:00: True Story: I’m A Travel Writer Who Has Never Had A Vacation Hookup
- 05/11/14--11:30: What I Learned From My First One-Night Stand (In My 40s)
- 05/21/14--09:00: Dater X: State Of The Union
- 05/22/14--09:00: PurrVerse: Getting Lucky With San Francisco’s Hook-Up Truck
- 05/30/14--13:30: Now Available For XXX Enthusiasts: Just-For-Porn Headphones
- 06/04/14--10:45: The 10 Best Hookup Websites
- 06/09/14--13:30: There Are 237 Reasons People Have Sex, According To Science
- 06/10/14--10:00: Dating Don’ts: How To Juggle Dating Multiple People At The Same Time
- 06/11/14--10:00: Girl Talk: Some Thoughts On Fingering
- 06/24/14--13:30: Random Hookups Are Actually Good For You, Says Science
- 07/02/14--08:00: How To Be Cool On A Sex Date
- 07/15/14--09:00: True Story: In Defense Of Revenge Sex
- 08/08/14--10:00: The 8-Step Guide To Getting Laid This Weekend
- 08/13/14--07:45: 8 Signs You Fail At Flirting
- 08/13/14--10:00: Dater X: To Bang Or Not To Bang?
I’m a travel writer. I’ve visited Seoul, Santiago, and Vancouver in the past few months alone. My job sounds pretty glamorous on paper: I get to sample exotic foods, visit locations that others own dream about, and meet people from all over the world. But there is a less glamorous side, too. I usually either travel [...]
Raised as a fundamental Christian in a patriarchal society, I married the first man I slept with. Before my wedding, my feisty Irish Grandma Pat had asked me why I wanted to marry so young and sign up for the role of wife before I had even auditioned as an independent woman. Good question. After my [...]
I’ve been dating this guy for a while now and last night he called me while he was with his friends. Our conversation was normal until he suddenly asked, “Did you hook up with one of my friends?” I tried to deny it, but after he asked me several times, I just finally said “Yes.” [...]
Surprise! Researchers from the University of Bristol found in a study that booze really does make you find people more attractive than you would if you were sober. Yes, beer goggles are real— even though most of us have already learned this the hard way. Thanks, science! Some participants in the study were given an [...]
I’ve always been told that true love will find you when you’re least expecting it. I’ve always thought that was a load of bullshit. Like I’m supposed to believe that right after you, for example, decide to ease up on your hunt for a soulmate and embrace your single status, a guy who noticed you [...]
I live in San Francisco, land of art, sexual experimentation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Since I’ve moved here I’ve explored the boundaries between public and private sex in multiple ways – in the back of a pickup truck on Twin Peaks, in the woods by the Sutro Baths, with a bike-powered sex machine in the middle [...]
“Hey.” “Hey you.” “What’s up?” “Yo.” “Heyyyy.” These are the types of messages I’ve been getting from former flings and lovers about every six months or so. And I’m fucking sick and tired of it. If you think I’m being a rageful bitch about a guy’s perfectly nice overtures for conversation, I just want to [...]
If you’re sick of watching porn and having to lower the volume for fear that your roommate/partner/neighbors will hear all of those sensual moans and groans, have we got good news for you! A Taiwanese company called LOVEPALZ – which currently makes automated air pressurized genital stimulators for both men and women, and is apparently the NASA [...]
Whether you’re freshly divorced and just dipping your toes back into the singles pool, or if you’ve been wading in the deep end for years, you’d likely be intrigued by a list purporting to lead you by the nose to the best cyber meat markets that $34.99 can buy. You wouldn’t be alone. Discover the [...]
I’m a pretty open-minded chick and the last few months have involved quite a bit of open-legged-ness as well. This sort of slutty period in my life has been both fun and educational, not to mention reintroduced me to some sex acts that I’d never really given a fair shake before. In no particular order, [...]
I would naively assume that the main reason a person would have sex would be simply because they wanted to. As it turns out, there are a whole slew of complicated reasons why people have sex. The University of Texas conducted a study to find out exactly what motivates people to get busy and the [...]
There comes a time in everybody’s dating career when your dance card suddenly becomes fuller than you know what to do with. One day, you’re swiping sullenly through Tinder bemoaning the lack of attractive, normal-seeming men that are possibly as tall as they say they are in their profiles, and the next, you find yourself [...]
From the time I learned what fingering was at age 11, it sounded not that great to me, and that didn’t really change for about 15 years. Even the idea of fingering (or “fingerbanging,” yikes) sounded bad. It almost didn’t occur to me that fingering would be something I would actually want. I’d even tried [...]
I hate admitting that I even have a bucket list in the first place, but I do and there are many things on it, and I hope to eventually cross all most of them off. While I know “Yoko-ing” a band and becoming the muse for the fashion designer Nicolas Ghesquière, à la Charlotte Gainsbourg, [...]
In a study called Who Benefits From Casual Sex? The Moderating Role of Sociosexuality, researchers found that, “having casual sex was associated with higher self-esteem and life satisfaction and lower depression and anxiety.” Read more on College Candy…
There’s nothing worse than being on a date, one that’s not too exciting, and just wishing it could end in sex. It’s as though you’re counting down the minutes, maybe even weighing the social graces of when it’s actually OK to mention that it’s time to head out and get it on somewhere. It kinda [...]
When my first love and I broke up, I was still new to the world of sex. I was 22 years old when we said our tearful goodbye, knowing full well that what we had at that young age wouldn’t be able to transcend time. I remember thinking I’d not only never love again, but [...]
I’m so sick of men saying that all you need to get laid is “to be a woman.” If that were truly the case, would all women, everywhere, be getting laid at all times whenever and however they want? Yes. Does that actually happen in the real world? No. When it comes to this particular [...]
Fair warning, I don’t know how to flirt either. But I do know how to fail at it! To that end, here are eight definite signs that you don’t know how to flirt. Employ none of these, and you will be on a better path to successful flirting. Learn from those who have come (and failed) before you. Read more [...]
In the lifecycle of dating, there’s a black hole smack dab in the middle of “I’m talking to someone” and “He’s my boyfriend,” that I like to call Exclusivity Limbo. I’ve been in that spot before and I’ve detailed my time there, what with the constant questioning, confusion and uncertainty of where things stand. But [...]